Continuing Education for health and fitness professionals …
Earn continuing education credits by the most in depth cancer exercise program and join us in the much needed field of integrative oncology…
Cancer Exercise Training Institute
Cancer Exercise Specialist Advanced Qualification Workshop...with all webinars receive a 1 year membership to Medical Fitness Network
Next Live, Interactive (16 hours) Webinars December 10 & 11 Central Time Zone 9-5
- ✔︎Personal Trainers
- ✔︎Group Exercise Instructors (Yoga, Pilates, Martial Arts, Aquatics…)
- ✔︎Occupational Therapists ✔︎ Physiotherapists ✔︎ Nurses ✔︎ kinesiologists
- ✔︎Exercise Physiologists ✔︎RMT Registered Massage Therapists ✔︎Natural Health Care Practitioners
- ✔︎Exercise Science and Physiology Grads
The Cancer Exercise Specialist Advanced Qualification was developed for health and fitness professionals seeking to attain a higher level of mastery and work with cancer patients during and after cancer surgery and treatment and into survivorship. Participants will gain a complete understanding of the entire cancer process from diagnosis and treatment to reconstruction and survivorship. Our unique and individualized programming will help to improve the patient’s ability to cope with the mental and physical stress following cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Our comprehensive programming covers 25 types of cancer, as well as pediatrics, with special emphasis on breast cancer and breast reconstruction. We provide three methods of certification: homestudy, live/interactive webinar workshops, and live in-person workshops. The Cancer Exercise Training Institute has trained more health and fitness professionals worldwide to become Cancer Exercise Specialists than any other organization. Andrea Leonard, 32-year cancer survivor, author of “Essential Exercises for Breast Cancer Survivors,” NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist, and President/Founder of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute began her extensive research in 1995; long before anyone had ever hear of “cancer exercise.” She spent three years working on Essential Exercises with the chiefs of breast surgery at Georgetown, George Washington, and Johns’ Hopkins University Hospital Medical Centers. Realizing there was a need to assist patients with many types of cancer, Andrea expanded her research and writing to cover a broader spectrum. She is truly a pioneer in the field of cancer and exercise and has paved the way for other organizations to follow.
How does the Cancer Exercise Specialist Advanced Qualification Workshop/Webinar differ from other available cancer exercise training programs?
- We are the ONLY organization that emphasizes INDIVIDUALIZED programming. No two cancer patients are the same and their exercise program should be as individual as they are.
- Invaluable training and experience in assessment protocol, including goniometry to measure joint ROM, postural assessments and girth measurements to monitor for lymphedema.
- Ability to ask questions and have them answered in person, through email, phone, and blog.
- Workshop/Webinar attendees receive 2-days of specialized training along with the Four-module Cancer Exercise Specialist Handbook
- Open-book online examination to be taken at home following the workshop/webinar. We believe that the open-book nature of this examination simulates real life situations more closely than anxiety ridden, proctored, examination hall examinations.
- We offer professional development and continuing education as well as a video library for CETI Cancer Exercise Specialists exclusively.
- Receive a complimentary 2-year listing on our International Cancer Exercise Specialist Directory-bringing clients to you.
- We have earned Continuing Education Credits for ACE, AFAA, ISSA, NASM, YMCA, Canfitpro, the provincial chapters of the National Fitness League, Natural Health Care Practitioners….and many more.
- Over the last 20 years we have trained health and fitness providers for hospitals, medical fitness facilities, health clubs, private practice professionals
- This program is the hands on reality, application, not just theory. Join us in a live interactive webinar, and share the experiences of other health and fitness professional from around the world.
More Continuing Education with the Cancer Exercise Training Institute.
Living a Life to Prevent Cancer
We will be learning in great detail the latest research on cancer prevention and cancer recovery, citing over 50 studies in this 4 hour program offered over 2 evenings.
Please join us. This program is open to the general public and qualifies as continuing education credits for the Cancer Exercise Specialist certification of the Cancer Exercise Training Institute. Please contact Shira for more details and registration. Shira@BestInHealthRadio.com
Next Course Dates:
Part 1: September 14, 8-10 pm Eastern Time Zone
Part 2: September 21, 8-10 pm Eastern Time Zone
Nutrition and Cancer
Please Contact for a detailed course outline, questions or to register: